Drumheller Chronic Pain Program
The program helps patients increase their function and activity, decrease stress and learn self-management strategies to improve pain management.
A team of professionals helps patients to learn to better manage their pain and activities on a daily basis. We focus on teaching self-management techniques.
What do patients do at the program? Once our patients are referred (referral from their family Physician only):
- Participate in their treatment program with individual appointments which are tailored to meet the patient’s needs
- Practice goal setting
- Complete a Pain Diary and Pain Inventory score with each appointment
- Do exercises as prescribed
- Maintain a relationship with their own family Physician
Patients will then develop an individual pain management plan together with the team and family physician. Patients set their own goals regarding activities that are important to their lives with support from the team to help work toward those goals.
Our team of Health Professionals include:
- Family physician with a special interest in Chronic Pain (Patients will keep their current Family Practitioner and will be referred back for ongoing care after discharge from the program)
- Health Management Nurses
- Kinesiologist/Exercise Physiologist
- Clinical Pharmacist
Fax Referrals to 403-823-7823 – Attn:Connie Hamm
Patients will also receive referrals as needed for other local services and programs such as diagnostic imaging, Physiotherapy or Mental Health referrals as well as Alberta healthy Living Programs from Alberta Health Services.